08 October 2011

Week 36

We enjoyed your cards last week, as always, but also great to see lots of our
LIMettes lovely eyes that eagerly await our post Saturday morning!
It must be said that this was our least popular week, let's hope this one is more to your liking!

Being the second week of the month it is One Layer

An easy one for you it's



The can be singular, multiple, any colour, but, MUST be a one layer card, with no additional layers stuck on, apart from the odd embellishment or ribbon!

Mandi


For my card I folded a piece of A4 paper and hand drew half  a heart, which I cut out. Opening the paper to reveal a full heart I placed it over the folded 6x6 card and secured with some sticky bits from a Post it note. Using a few retired SU stamps and an Anita's daisy stamp  I randomly stamped within the heart aperture.
Using these SU colours
Basic Black, [new]Pool Party, [new] Calypso Coral and Melon Mambo.
The little black gems were added to finish.

For Stampin Up products please contact me via here
 I am placing an order this weekend. There's still one place left on one of my Stampers 6 Clubs.
By joining you get a FREE catalogue and get to be hostess for one of the 6 months, which means a spend of  at least £25......how fabulous!
If you don't want the commitment of a club and just want to order when you like please feel free to let me know. Catalogues are only £4.00 including postage to your door!
UK residents only please

Chrissie

At first glance you would say that this was decidedly not a ONE LAYER CARD, but in fact there is a hole in the front of the card and the image is attached to a piece of acetate inside....
so it kind of IS a One Layer Card after all.

 You may be able to see it more clearly here.

The Heart is SU, the flower Inkylicious and the sentiment is Studio G.


This next card is one of my first using kraft cardstock, in this case Crumb cake from SU. I masked a section, then inked it with SU Whisper White, using a sponge dauber.
The image which I stamped in Versafine is a retired one from SU which I bought from the US via eBay. The copics reacted oddly on top of the ink and so I added some Glossy Accents to perk the colour up slightly. The sentiment is a recently rediscovered one from MSE.

Do show us your one layer cards, you're getting so good at them these days and as long as there is at least one heart in evidence, plus some white space, we'll be delighted.

18 comments:

  1. Wpw ladies, these are all gorgeous! If I HAD to pick a favourite it would have to be Mandi's first one - lovely colours and so striking
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Ladies, What a great challenge, and all those gorgeous cards for inspiration:0) Thank you. I do have a favourite I absolutely adore Chrissie's row of hearts on the white banner, scrumptious crafting:0)
    Have a brilliant week! Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Limday Ladydiva's fab cards again xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness ladies,what fabulous examples to get those juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun challenge - and great samples too! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are lovely!! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew! an easier one this week even though it's the dreaded one layer card again. Great cards already C&M & fellow LIMettes, have some ideas already :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous examples of the heart cards. Beautiful. Also the first one, how you have stamped this heart. Gorgeous.
    Lovely greet Marja

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cards you've done this week-they're gorgeous!I'm not a heart person but plan to do a card with each of my 2(yep only 2!)heart stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie and Mandi - Thanks for another great challenge, and huge congratulations on coming so close to reaching the 1,000 entries a couple of weeks ago.
    Love and hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I "<3" Hearts!! Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this great challenge.
    Chrissie- thanks for your comments and suggestions on my blog post. I've now taken a proper photo of my card and resubmitted it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you again for another great challenge, great cards from the ladies great inspiration! always great to get ideas from the team:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lot of heart lovers out there. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being a big heart-lover and a hubby whose birthday is Feb. 14th., I have a huge selection of heart stamps. This was a great challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whew - almost missed this week again~ Fabulous samples girls -- just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just added my link for this weeks challenge, haven't played here for a while so hope to be back next week. Great art ladies it was a long way to the bottom to link up! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many beautiful cards and such variety - lovely.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.